Hi Panther Families,
I hope all is well with you and your loved ones during this adjustment. I commend Weathersfield support staff, administration, faculty and others for their giant effort to keep things moving smoothly throughout this period. It is an adjustment for all involved and I’m thankful to be part of this team. I truly understand times like these can be challenging for families, but finding solace in quality time spent with your healthy and happy loved ones can help.
Since we are unsure of the outcome of the remaining school year I’d like to send you all as much of an update as I can in regards to athletics at Weathersfield.
- We will be following VPA guidance and decisions in regards to spring athletics. As of right now, we are postponing the beginning of the spring season until school resumes. At that point, we will likely have an abbreviated season.
- If time permits, we will continue with regularly scheduled seasons. However, if time does not allow we likely will offer weekend activities throughout the remaining school year including kickball, wiffle ball, pick-up basketball, soccer, etc. in order to get kids moving and active.
- I’d like to ease the burden of the program fee for those families that have already registered their athlete for spring sports and offer a refund/waived fee for the spring season. This will remain true if we have a traditional season or not, no cost necessary this spring.
- If you’d like to be refunded, please email Jessica.email@example.com with your name, athletes name, and sport registered (spring sports only). If you do not reach out to me, we will use your $10 registration fee as a donation for the future of Weathersfield Athletics.
- Lastly, check out the Weathersfield Athletics Facebook page for weekly updates on how to remain active. We will be posting activities, at home workouts, online YouTube classes, etc. I challenge you and your students to do something active once a day, together! Go for a walk, check out a local nature trail, do a jumping jack or push up challenge within your family – anything for 15 – 20 minutes to keep moving.
Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
Take care and stay safe.